On-Demand Clinical Solution to Optimize Physician Mental Wellness and Prevent Burnout
The StellaWELLNESS (Stella) solution created by HarrisLogic, LLC (HL) is a cloud-based technology coupled with HL’s Virtual Care Center that provides medical resident programs and affiliated health systems with all the program components necessary to improve mental wellness and comply with ACGME requirements. In order to satisfy the ACGME requirements, Stella integrates and streamlines mental wellness programs, self-assessments, coordination of care, and crisis intervention to provide the most comprehensive and complete mental wellness offering available.
Stella’s proprietary evidence-based platform helps identify the highest need physicians, connects them to the most appropriate services, and evaluates their progress, as well as that of the entire population. Stella supports best practice workflows and use of evidenced-based tools for self-assessment, clinical-assessment, and intervention to drive program goals, such as mental wellness, burnout prevention, accurate risk formulations, and physician-based crisis intervention plans. Our dynamic analytics engine also supports continuous quality improvement and data driven decisionmaking to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of mental healthcare initiatives.
Well-being and Fatigue Mitigation
The ACGME requires a solution that responds to burnout, depression, substance use, suicidal ideation, potential for violence, fatigue and sleep deprivation. Specifically, the sections VI.C and VI.D of the ACGME requires the following program components:
- Education to enable detection in self and others of signs and symptoms of burnout
- Education regarding how to seek appropriate care
- Mechanism for residents and faculty to provide alerts regarding others
- Mechanism for resident self-screening
- Access to on-demand, confidential and affordable mental health assessment, counseling and treatment
- Access to urgent and emergent care 24 hours a day, seven days a week
High Risk, Low Utilization
Medical residents are one of the most challenging populations to reach with mental wellness services. Anecdotal data indicates that physician utilization rates for mental health employee assistance programs (EAPs) is less than 1%. Contrary to the utlization rates, physicians are simultaneously at increased risk of experiencing stress-induced syndromes due to the rigors of medical training and practice, and are less prone to seek care for these types of problems due to both logistical barriers (work hours and scheduling) and heightened fear and stigma associated with being perceived as impaired. As a result, medical residents and physicians represent a population that rarely seeks mental wellness services or behavioral healthcare, despite a huge need and potentially catastrophic outcomes. Similarly, this same population’s dramatically low usage of traditional EAPs requires a solution that is truly independent to achieve meaningful engagement. As shown below, EAPs fail to meet the minimum ACGME requirements and do not provide the mental wellness services that physicians need to thrive.
|Education for Self-detection||X|
|Support for Selfcare Seeking||X|
|Anonymous Well-being Alerts||X|
|24/7 On-Demand Urgent/Emergent Care||X|
|Confidential and Affordable||X||X|
Key Features and Benefits
- Designed for regulatory compliance with AC-GME, FERPA and HIPAA
- A software platform developed by clinicians for clinicians with a proven record of improving lives
- Integrated management of hotline, telehealth, and facilitybased operations
- Proprietary episode summary synthesizes the most salient elements of an episode of care
- Secure, easy-to-use cloudbased system built for stability, redundancy, and scalability
- Evolving platform being iteratively improved through collaboration with the Zero Suicide Institute, clinical and academic partners
- Rapid triage, case assignment, assessment, treatment, and follow-up of residents in need of mental health support
- Improve follow-up and engagement with outpatient services
- Decision support tools that demonstrate system wide key performance indicators to improve programmatic decisions
- Demonstrate fidelity to evidence-based practices
- Robust toolkits and dashboards for reporting and continuous quality improvement
Who We Are
HarrisLogic in coordination with its affiliates and subsidiaries, develops technology-enabled solutions and clinical platforms to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of behavioral health services in a variety of settings and environments. Our currently deployed solutions for suicide prevention, crisis response, jail recidivism, and tele-mental health have proven track records. Our engineers and subject-matter experts collaborate with clinical, operational, and civil liberties experts to build products and solutions that help save lives and optimize the use of critical resources.