Clinical Decision Support Tools to Optimize Crisis Response
The StellaCRISIS (Stella) by HarrisLogic, LLC is a cloud-based technology that powers evidence-based practices in crisis intervention to provide immediate crisis stabilization, diversion from hospitalization, linkage with needed resources, and community-based crisis intervention plans. Stella leverages data integration and data analytics to enable crisis response across telephonic, mobile, facility-based and virtual service delivery modalities.
Dallas Metro Case Study
Crisis Response Challenge
The North Texas Behavioral Health Authority tasked HarrisLogic with developing a model to provide hotline and mobile crisis response services to the 4th largest city in America, servicing almost 4 million residents spread across more than 5,500 square miles. HarrisLogic identified and worked through challenges such as limited resources, ensuring a timely response, coordinating the activities of multiple stakeholders, and demonstrating cost savings and improving care.
The HL Solution
HarrisLogic developed a technology-enabled solution that was easy-to-use and empowered clinicians with evidence based assessment and intervention tools. Stella’s decision support tools enable efficient and effective level of care determinations, so that patients can be treated in the least restrictive setting. As crises are resolved, Stella automates warm handoffs, continuity of care, and patient follow-up.
Over a ten-year period, with Stella powering its operations, HarrisLogic achieved significant improvements on outcome goals as seen in the circles on the right side of this page, and has processed more than 2,000,000 crisis encounters.
Stella enables concurrent documentation and utilizes evidenced-based assessment and intervention to support risk formulation and level of care determinations. The solutions are scalable, rapidly deployable, and embody clinical and technical best practices.
- A software platform developed by clinicians for clinicians with a proven record of success of improving the lives of patients and their families
- Integrated management of crisis hotline, telehealth, mobile crisis, and facility-based operations
- Proprietary episode summary synthesizes the most salient elements of an episode of care
- Secure, easy-to-use cloud-based system built for stability, redundancy, and scalability
- Robust toolkits and dashboards for reporting and continuous quality improvement
- Ongoing improvements and innovation through collaboration with esteemed bodies such as the Zero Suicide Institute, as well as clinical and academic partners
- Designed for regulatory compliance with HIPAA, 42 CFR Part 2, CJIS, and HIV privacy rights
- Rapid triage, case assignment, assessment, treatment, and follow-up of individuals in crisis
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness of clinical operations
- Reduced costs associated with inpatient admissions and emergency department presentation due to more accurate level of care determinations
- Improved follow-up and engagement with outpatient services
- Decision support tools for reduced cognitive load and improved clinical decisions
- Demonstration of fidelity to evidence based practices